A Game of Cards by Hans Lewis

 

The birds chirped loudly

The aroma of fresh cut grass filled the lawn

An evening tea to synchronise with the pleasant sun

 

A sudden breeze to shake the ambience

"You cheated", cried the unshaven man

 

Seated opposite, dandy, brushing his whiskers, calmly spoke,

The game was fair Mr. Terrorism

Your loss, once again displays your antagonism

 

I really don't understand, Mr Peace 

King and queen were in my palm

The knight, being your only psalm.

 

After a slurp of tea, Mr Peace explained

You forget I possessed the card with a creative shade

And wise with my thoughts, I slammed it down,

The Ace of Spades.

 

The breeze had turned into a gale

I may have lost but have you paused to think, queried Mr. Terrorism

Pity for your scarred face,

I gave up my red cards for your existence

 

The rough wind sparked the cunning sky.

A settlement was called for

You deal the pack, said one to the other

The winner will have the card, which is higher

 

But it will not end there, added Mr. Peace, as he took the risk

Only the winner will smell the breeze

 

The storm had vanished

The guillotine blade snapped

A melancholy face of Mr. Peace on a bodyless head

 

A smirk highlighted the standing opponent

He pulled up his sleeve

The breeze travelled swifter

A card fell down, the smiling face of the joker

 

The birds chirped loudly as they returned home   

1 comment:

  1. Wow
    I remember we were made to learn from this one in BMM.
    I cant believe you wrote this

    great

    ReplyDelete