A Broken Cycle.

                                                                     By Hans Albert Lewis

 

 

When I was small and ignorant

I ate and I drank and I laughed and I cried,

I obeyed.

 

When I was young and restless

I ate and I ate,

I drank and I drank,

I laughed and I laughed,

I cried and I cried,

I listened.

 

When I grew elder and wiser

I ate whenever I could eat,

I drank whenever I could drink,

I laughed whenever I could laugh,

I cried whenever I could cry,

Others listened.

 

When I grew old and alone

I ate and ate till I could eat no more,

I drank and drank till I could drink no more,

I laughed and laughed till I could laugh no more,

I cried and cried till I could cry no more.

 

 

 

I hope they remember me... when I live no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment