The Happiest Man

 

I’m the world’s happiest man

In the records I should definitely be

 

I’m the world’s happiest man

A smile on my face you will always see

Even when sadness has passed and

Knocking next is misery

 

My wife and children I have definitely lost

No job and with that no salary

All my friends are far away

And my relatives were never close

But with all this gone

I’m as happy as can be

 

I’ve no taxes to pay and bills to own

And never again will cry over money and loan

Ages have passed since my lips have tasted

Aged wine or any spirits and food that’s fine

Had starving nights and bitter cold fever

But happiness has been my only cure

 

For few days I felt deprived and alone

Since the boat had been broken down

And then with a little of positive thought

I made this lonely island my home

 

So I’m the world’s happiest man

In the records I should definitely be

 

By Hans Albert Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment